The supporters of SOPA are: RIAA, MPAA, News Corp, TimeWarner, Walmart, Nike, Tiffany, Chanel, Rolex, Sony, Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, VISA, Mastercard, Comcast, ABC, Dow Chemical, Monster Cable, Teamsters, Rupert Murdoch, Lamar Smith (R-TX), John Conyers (D-MI)
Here are 8 ways you can fight SOPA and PIPA:
- Reverse Robocall ALL pro-SOPA MOC + Key Lobbyists (More info on Ars Technica)
- Phone your Member of Congress via nifty Progressive Change app
- Contact Senators who are refusing to meet with constituents about SOPA/PIPA.
- EFF Congressional Emailer - Oppose Internet Blacklisting (SOPA & PIPA)
- ECA Congressional Emailer - Don't Censor Our Internet!
- OpenCongress Congressional Emailer - Oppose SOPA
- Generic Congressional Emailer (You'll need your Zip+4)
- Petition Congress - Protect Innovation, Dump SOPA (Progressive Change )
- Outside the US? Sign Petition Opposing US Censorship of Global Sites (EFF)
Find out more about SOPA and PIPA here:
- Growing Chorus of Opposition to SOPA
- Open Letter against SOPA from 83 Prominent Internet Engineers
- Why SOPA and Protect IP (PIPA) are Bad, Bad Ideas (Techdirt)
- Piracy not a problem, SOPA/PIPA unnecessary (Tim O'Reilly on GigaOM)
- SOPA News (Google News)
- SOPA Wikipedia entry
- SOPA FAQ (CNET)
I would like to thank Craigslist for getting all of these links!